29 May 2020

this close


You know those 
motivational posters and quotes
That admonish is to not quit! 
Stay the course! 
One more try! 
Well/ I’ve never had that work for me. 
Till yesterday. 


This case I have 
Is the hardest case I’ve ever had. 
And I was at the breaking point. 

I had made up my mind to resign. 
But the - CV19. ‘Rona! 
I don’t want to start another case 
In a medical pandemic. 

So I decided to delay my departure. 
Well. Last night I slept 
All the way through till morning. 
That never happens! 

I dreamed that the boy
I take care of was stranded
And I went to him and comforted him. 
And when I woke up
I felt completely different. 

And a bonus! 
This boy is going through a “brat” phase. 
Intentionally mean- does things opposite. 
Acts like he’s being killed or tortured
When I brush his teeth or move him. 
His fave trick is to wake up
And scream and moan and groan
So loud that it wakes the family. 
At 6 am. 
Well, today he slept late as well!
And said good morning. 
Ahhhh cosmic confirmation. 

So yay already! 

I’m sure our methods for choosing 
Are privative. 
I wonder if anyone grows up anymore. 
We grow old -
but we aren’t getting wiser. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!