17 May 2020

goodbye illusions


When, in the course of human events,
It becomes necessary to separate 
Yourself from your illusions-
No matter how dear they are...


I’ve been questioning my sanity 
(Not really) 
With this boy. He plays games
And never stops pranking. 

For example. 
He shakes one foot for “yes,”
And the other foot for “no.”
But when I ask him to demonstrate,
He has this blank, 1000 yard stare 
And starts making animal noises 
Like he can’t comprehend 
Even if someone is talking to him. 

He acts like he is being tortured
Even to have his face washed. 
Then he laughs and laughs about it. 

So to save my sanity,
I’ve dropped the extras 
from my daily care. 
And have decided to just focus
 on the basics. 


More masks! 
People are very generous 
When it comes to masks. 
No one has asked for a dime in payment. 
Well... one person asked. 


Crazy How much CV19 is true 
And how much is illusion?
And the lockdown?
That’s crazy! 
I’m actually baffled. 
But I’m not surprised. 
I saw this coming. 
Get ready for the second wave. 


Can’t drink all night 
And sleep all day
And be a good Lumberjack. 


Grains are like Heroin to me.
I want more more more 
If I even have a little. 

When a patient has a little problem, 
I always try to get them to correct it. 
When it’s small and manageable. 
Most of us don’t act until it’s the 11th hour.

That’s crazy. 
And not effective! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!