04 April 2020

coyote day


Good sleeping weather. 


No AC in the house
So also no heat. 
It’s cold inside and out. 


The temp dropped like 40°
And it’s delightful. 


This family never asks for anything. 
Not one thing. 
They would probably die before they ask
For even a sip of water. 
They wait until it’s given to them.

We Americans just ask. 
Insist- more like. 
“Hey! Gimme gimme some water. 
I’m dying here!” 

They think I’m bold. 
And not in a good way. 



I became overwhelmed 
Last night and realized 
I needed to quickly do a SelfCheck. 
Hungry. 
Angry. 
Lonely. 
Tired. 

Yes yes yes and yes. 

So I broke my fast. 
Double Quarter Pounder. 
Only ate half of it.

I laid in bed last night
(Well- on a mat on the floor
Where I’ve been sleeping for a month)

And did the math. 
I worked out the logic. 
I fought my ego. 

I’ve been teaching Delayed Gratification 
And Impulse Control 
To my patient. 
It’s hard. 
It’s sucks when you want it now. 
NOW. 


My coach is gonna
Earn her pay this week. 
I’ve been waiting for the Tsunami. 
I’ve been looking for it in the virus. 
It’s inside of me. 







1 comment:

  1. As I’m writing this, a pack of coyotes are howling - a few blocks away.
    Their habitat is gone. And so they come to ours. Eating trash. Hungry little guys.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!