08 December 2019

sick day kiddo


Dude! 44!
Might have been AFib. 
It was once low like that often. 


My Travel Nurse Book came! 


Fun with Play Doh


So the boy is sick. 
He’s basically miserable. 
When able bodied kids get sick-
It makes for hard times. 
When disabled kids get sick,
It’s freaking heartbreaking. 

Quiet times at the bedside. 
Good time to clean out drawers
And organize things. 

We go into “Sick Day Protocol”
But they usually end up in the hospital. 
Which is the exact opposite 
What home health is for. 
I guess the nurses are afraid 
(And sometimes rightly so) 
That the child will die. 
And it’s better to not die at home. 

My 80 hour week is behind me! 
So yay! 
The key to good sleep
Is to be as tired as Heck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!