23 December 2019

fooled no more


I broke my own rule 
And drank some more wine I found. 
Under the guise of
Wanting to get rid of it
So I won’t drink it. 
🧐🤨🧐
I paid for it with lousy sleep. 
And dehydration. 

Drinking wine is so much 
“A Thing” in Nursing Culture,
No one bats an eye. 
They look at you funny if you 
DON’T drink. 
 

Same with Sweets. 
Just One. 
I won’t tell if you don’t. 
Come on - it’s Christmas!
Live a little. 
I made these just for you. 
Etc etc etc. 


So- I ordered Wings. Dry rub. 
The one problem with 
Carnivore Keto
Is having to cook
Or have a hot meal at work. 
I don’t like to eat when I get home 
Because it’s always past 9 pm. 

Intermittent Fasting OMAD
has been working. 
But I need to have an earlier window. 


Remember the episode 
Of I Love Lucy 
Where they drove cross country 
And ended back up 
At the same crappy motel?
They were fooled by the billboard. 

My motto for 2020 is
“Don’t Get Fooled Again”
Or something like that. 

It’s never one bite. 
It’s never one glass. 
It’s never ok. 
It’s never worth it. 

If a product can sit
On a shelf for a year-
It’s so filled with junk, it’s a 
Chemical ShitStorm. 
How can you be at your best
With that? 

I’m no purist. 
But that stuff is not good. 

When I first started blogging
10 years ago, 
People asked me if I was going 
To never have carbs again. 
Well- maybe that’s going to be true. 
I’ve never been tempted 
Until I started fasting. 
And realized I could have a few
So-called “treats”! 
But the cravings make it
Very much not worth it. 



Someone posted this on Facebook. 
I love this. 

Every Fatty reaches this point. 
Some of them give in. 
I guess they either say 
“Fuck it!”
Or “Fuck no!”

I’m saying Fuck NOOOO



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!