07 May 2019

another day off


This is what I said I was going to do. 
And this is what I actually did. 
Absolutely nothing. 


I watched films. 
Some of them where edge of your seat 
Even though I’ve seen them all
A million times. 


I met a guy named Jerod
On my trip. 
Who looked like this guy named Jarod. 
That’s how you know it’s a dream. 
Oops- did I just say that out loud? 
I meant to say 
“What a cool coincidence!”
Yeah. That’s it! 


My scab finally came off. 
Since February. 
Takes forever to heal. 


 A near perfect sleep pattern. 
No booze, no carbs. 
Those are the offenders for me. 

And if you do have booze, 
have it with a meal. 
Make it a very good quality. 
And make sure you have 4 or 5 hours or more
Awake time before you go to sleep. 

Drinking alcohol interferes with sleep. 
Period. Paragraph. 

That’s why, historically, 
It’s not a sleep aide, 
Except in micro doses. 
With other meds. 

So from Ramadan last year,
I did all that fasting 
And could therefore 
Sample bits of food here and there. 

Sweet things (table sugar) 
and super startches 
are still off the list. 
Gluten is a bad boy always. 
No matter how crunchy 
fried garlic bread is. 

Eating that is like eating junk. 

I conclude that even “natural” sugars 
Especially fruits (with fructose)
Is just as bad. 

So much of that stuff is GMO
And since 90% of the world bans it,
And here in America 
They refuse to even label it ...
Well, it’s privacy not good, either. 

So today will be a day for unpacking. 
Laundry, sorting, cleaning. 

Put on some music and rock out. 
Just as soon as my housemate leaves
I’ll take over the garage. 
And use it for my staging area. 

And rain is forecast, 
So it’s a double win! 

I also got the schedule changed 
On a permanent basis. 
So it’s win win win for me! 

If I finish early enough, 
I can do some food prep
For the week. 
Or some more fasting! 

It’s good to be in the flow. 
And not fight every single thing. 

2 comments:

  1. My hubby doesn't understand how I can re-watch favorite Star Trek episodes over & over & OVER again - yes, I have the music and the dialogue memorized! But sometimes nuthin' else will do... #LLAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It’s good to be in the flow.
    And not fight every single thing. "

    Oh my, I want to post that in huge letters where I can see it all day!! I soooo want to be back in that place. A worthy goal. Happy for you that you are in the "flow".

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!