28 August 2018

gregarious

Got into a nice conversation 
With the butcher today. 

Nothing to do but cook. 
And eat. 

I spent an hour in the office today. 
Chatting up the recruiters 
Like I always do. 

Oil change and all that Jazz. 

Chatted up the salespeople
And was entertained
By a lively octogenarian 
Who was once a Hollywood actor. 




Watching an old movie 
about revenge and forgiveness. 
“Changing Lanes.”

Have you seen it?
Two guys get into a fight. 
Over a fender bender. 
They both fight their demons 
And come to terms with the situation 
And forgive each other. 

Soooo.....28 years ago 
 - to the day - to the minute - 
My life changed forever. 
Tuesday for Tuesday 
Repeats every 4 years.

I was told I was gregarious. 
I could handle anything. 

Most days - I’m not. 
I’m the opposite of gregarious. 
But today. Just For Today. 

Perhaps I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!