16 February 2020

up all night


The place I’m staying at
Is 100 times more noisy 
And I got less rest 
Than if I had driven home. 

It’s good in theory. 
Lousy in reality. 

I stay so I can come in early
- 6 am - and not have to get up 
At 4 am to make it happen. 

I do this purely as a gesture of kindness. 
The young mom is exhausted,
And I don’t want her to have 6 am duty. 
So I do it as a gift. 


I got Wings. 
And they’re just too ...
What’s the word?...
I’m not sure about the quality 
Of most food you get
When you eat out. 

It’s not ever as good as what 
I can make at home. 



I love Amazon Prime Now. 
It saves me a trip to the store. 
Some weeks I’m putting in 
Like 80 hours. 

Guess who’s making 
Pizza Chaffles
When I’m off tomorrow? 


It’s true!




Facebook Memories. 
This is from 2013. 
The Low Carb Cruise. 

A few years ago, 
When I had domestic interests, 
I didn’t take a vacation. 
“We” went somewhere. 
By “I” didn’t go somewhere. 

I look like a freaking dead scalded rat. 
‘‘Twas ever thus. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!