26 February 2020

back in then out

I’m finding there is little correlation 
Between sleeping pulse
And perception of a 
A good nights sleep. 

Rain helps more than anything. 


Spinach Dip. 
Adds crunch. 

I’m preparing for a dry fast
Like some Bloggers prep for a race. 
This will be like a Marathon. 
More to come. 

In my career, 
I now must admit
I’ve met my match. 

This little boy will hold his breath 
Until he passes out-
If I tell him to breathe. 

He will make himself hyperventilate 
If I try to get him to 
Slow his breathing down. 

He is fearless and careless 
And has taken back his control 
In the only way he can. 

By peeing all over the nurses. 
And painting his poop 
All over the walls. 

He screams and hollers
When it’s time to sleep. 
And sleeps all through school. 

He has no idea how dangerous 
His behavior is. 
And he doesn’t care. 

He just doesn’t care. 
So to keep him from 
destroying himself 
Out of pure defiance and spite-
We have dropped down to a 
Lower level of care-
With no pushing. 
No coaxing. 

After he hit me in the nose
The other day-
I knew I had to do something. 

The bad broody kid. 
GoodWill Hunting. 

Can I invest my energy and time
And let go of the outcome 
Almost completely? 

That is the question. 


1 comment:

  1. I’ve decided to keep my coach for another 12 weeks. Just to make sure I do t steer myself off a cliff or anything.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!