20 October 2019

loomings


It takes a professional actor 
Or reader almost 30 hours to read 
Moby Dick. 
So I’m ok with it taking me some time. 


Yesterday, Stubb was telling the cook
How to make his steak.
And the way the conversation was described 
Is  exactly how most bosses
Order people around. 
Like they’re bat shit crazy. 
This bosses. Not the subordinates. 


Contested Electoral College 
And a bloody battle in Afghanistan. 
Some things never change.

In another place in the book, 
Ishmael was making the point 
That the harpooners
Don’t need to row
-They need to rest-
 Because they need their strength
 for actual harpooning. 
But the bosses disagree. 
And even though
One little change 
 would make a vast difference-
No one higher up listened. 
Just like in today’s workplace. 



‘Twas Ever Thus


Had a cup of coffee 
I miss coffee. 

Immediately after- heartburn. 


Trying to help out now and then. 
Kids and schools. 
The way things are nowadays 
The people who help are punished. 
I always liked the extras of home health. 

My life in one picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!