14 October 2019

cindy day


Pissy ass sleep. 


Resting today. 
The weather is perfect. 
Dark and cozy. 
And cool. 


Time for tea. 
And Trinity. 
Some of these Chinese Herbal Blends 
have Nootropics - Smart Drugs-
which I am very familiar with. 

Still no wine. And still no coffee. 
I had the last of the carbs
And gave all the rest away. 

I brought an electronic tea kettle 
To work - as a gift
That I can use there, too. 
I love Facebook Marketplace. 
$5 still in the box. 
Porch Pick Up. 

I’m meeting with Cindy for lunch. 
Red Lobster has Endless Shrimp. 
I’m already plotting my choices. 
Typical Foodie. 


Turns out motivation for goals is a lie. 
The working class used to be called 
The Middle Class -
But now, everyone works
All the time. 
The Suits always get their share. 

Every slice of this pie has 
At its core - a lie. 
Flip the Script!

Health - everything we trust and learned 
and believe in is false. Saturated Fats are good 
And Carbs are the real culprit. 

Capsaicin helps ulcers - 
It doesn’t hurt them or cause them. 

And inflammation is everything. 
I had an old D.O. tell me
That pH is everything.
And pH causes inflammation. 
It simple but it’s not easy. 

Money- yeah watch your spending power 
dwindle -  more every year. 
It’s rough on every level. 

People who have a 401K 
See it crash every few years -
They don’t think they control 
Any of this.  

Nothing’s the same as it was a few years ago
And it’s not at all what we hoped for-
Or dreamed of- or planned for. 


Maybe a “Midlife Crisis”
Is just when you’ve lived long enough
To see through all the bullshit-
And give it one more try. 

Maybe it’s when inflation hits home. 
On a personal level. 
A house that used to be 50K
Is now FOUR TIMES that-
Or more. 
And now that is what a car costs!
Not a luxury vehicle. Just a car. 
And wages are the same or less. 

I realized the American Dream
Was changing - years ago-
And I was never going to fit in. 
Not that I wanted to! 

Before I started Atkins 
10 years ago
We joked that a hamburger 
Should never cost $7
And if so- it should come on a silver platter. 
Now, that’s a McDonalds basic. 


I’m not sure we even 
“Maslow” most days. 
We’re in Perpetual Fight or Flight. 
Or Freeze. 

Maybe the MidLife Crisis 
Is over when you realize 
It’s all a great big Cosmic Joke
And nothing can hurt you. 
Nothing. 


Just do the best you can
And live simply. 
Control your impulses-
And your habits 
And be open to change. 
And be happy. 

Viola! 
The meaning of life. 
There’s more - of course -
But that’s another story 
for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!