21 March 2020

good advice


I’m finally growing up. 
Finally at the age where I say
“I had better not do that”
Instead of “What the heck! 
Let’s see what happens !”  


There was a line in Outlander
Early on in Season 1
when Murtagh told Jaime 
That some girls don’t grow up
Till they’re 50. 
Well- some don’t even grow up then. 
Or ever. 

At least I’m finally getting through 
If only to myself. 


A wiser nurse told me
My July trip 
Will probably be postponed. 
Or cancelled. 
If not for the CV19,
Then for the tsunami of 
Economic downsizing 
That is bound to happen 
In the months to come. 

I hope I’m wrong. 

She also told me I should go home. 
No need to help out 
If the family doesn’t appreciate me. 

I can’t be awake at 1 am
Then up at 6 am 
When they’re baking a cake 
Because the teen girl was bored
And wanted to stir up drama. 

The parents don’t see how 
Manipulating she is. 
That’s ok. Not my worry. 


My worry is to take these blends 
And coffee. 
Peel and Spice from 
Interstellar Blends 
Has Flavonoids etc 


My other worry is to get some eggs. 
I am going to get some eggs this week. 

(I WILL sell this house today!) 


People are going crazy for supplies and food. 
Time to be calm. 
I’ve been fasting at work 
Since it’s good to fast. 
No food anyways. 
I’ve had coffee and chili. 
And no access to a scale. 
We’ll see!




















1 comment:

  1. I live in New York. We are about two weeks ahead of other parts of the country in terms of panic for supplies. It will get better. Last week, store shelves were completely empty. This week, we were able to get everything, including toilet paper. Unfortunately, it looks like will be shutting down most of the state since people aren’t listening and staying home. It’s sad they are so selfish that the government needs to step in to force them to socially distance themselves. Stay strong. We will all get through this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!