05 March 2020

boy hugs


A couple of chicken wings
Before bed. 
I need to eat more in the day. 

When you fast- fast. 
When you eat- really eat! 


Make a grown fattie cry. 





I’m actually quite happy these days. 
5 hard days 
Or 6 easy days
Is my sweet spot. 

The boy hugged me 
First thing in the morning. 
Both arms. 
It took over a year
To release his arms 
So they could move. 

I’ve also been moving his lower jaw
In a process called “Mewing.”
Which I also do to myself. 
It might move one MM 
A month. BUT-
In a year that’s about half an inch! 

Now his lips can close. 
He can swallow! 
And eventually talk. 
And breathe much better. 

It made me cry. 
How powerful Nursing is. 
How you can actually suffer
At the hands of a bad nurse. 
And thrive with a good one. 


3 comments:

  1. This post made me tear up a little bit. I LOVE the progress you've made with the boy, you have a huge heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    It really is the case of a lifetime.
    So few cases make a spontaneous recovery.
    Now- what to do about it!?!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!