26 March 2020

floor day four


It’s really not Day Four. 
But it rhymes 
So I went with it. 


More like Week Four. 
And it’s 88° F in here 


Canned Chili
And Cottage Cheese. 
My favorite combo. 
On lockdown. 


Speaking of Chili. 


This has all but healed my ulcer. 
Imagine that. 
The very thing they tell you
To avoid - has healed me. 


I am ready for this to be over. 
But I know it won’t be. 
Not any time soon.

The night nurse was being
Her arrogant, 
passive aggressive self...
So I took a walk 
instead of wait for her. 

She likes to ride the clock. 
That is... she starts her last pass
At 700 when she should 
have been clocked out at 0700. 

She walked right past me
To get mom to sign
(And had to wake her up)
Instead of having me sign
When I was right there. 
Fucking Bitch! 
People who intentionally 
Destroy your plans
And your peace
And the peace of others...
...I can’t abide. 

I won’t miss her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!