13 February 2019

travels with a foodie

I can almost guarantee 
That if you travel with a Non-Foodie (Muggle)
They won’t be plotting the next meal. 
Much less the whole set of meals
For the trip. 

They’re the kind of people
Who look in the fridge and shrug
And say, oh well... 
Let’s just put something together. 
And it usually is about that good. 

Seldom do you hit a home run out of the park 
Without preparation. 

Like a Audiophile has playlists, 
Always at the ready, 
A Foodie has Food Lists. 

And they make a trip so much more enjoyable. 

I recently discovered Yelp. 
It good for traveling. 

I have 7 days of camping 
Out in the middle of nowhere. 

So I have scouted out arrangements 
For provisions. Lol. 
Spoken like a true prospector. 



Exhibit A 
The Foil Packet. 
Pinterest. 

I think all kinds of good things 
could be made in here. 
And since I eat mostly meat,
And food from the Animal Kingdom 
A grill will work nicely. 



Exhibit B. 
Kabobs. From my own blog page. 

Being a picky little fuss, 
I intend to travel with charcoal
Or buy some along the way. 
WalMart is everywhere. 

And a grill as well. 
I’m not taking the whole grill. 
Just the grill that sits on top. 
Of the grill. 
Where the food goes. 
Does that have another name? 

Grid? Rack? 
Thingy-ma-bopper?


THIS thing. 

Any good ideas you’d like to 
share with the class?

Comments are always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!