15 February 2019

a good night


Wow. This is a first. 
I didn’t wake up. All night. 
Even to go to the little Nurses room. 

Still walking early in the morning. 
Every morning. 
I haven’t a planned walk missed yet. 
In other words, I don’t talk 
myself out of it and hit snooze. 

Still no wine. I didn’t keep track of 
The exact moment in time when I stopped, 
Because I have an unusual definition of stopping. 

If you go on Atkins, or Paleo 
- or any lifestyle change -
And you have one cheat meal, 
Do you have to restart the clock 
The next day? 
Or can you still say you were LC
Even with the deviations? 

I consider myself to be LC
Even though I don’t eat every single meal
For the rest of my life as strict LC.  

Same with drinking. 
Some people who embrace
 the disease model of addiction 
Count every “slip up” as a time to reset. 
My god. If we Fatties did that, 
we wouldn’t make it at all! 

Most of us will think about food 
Much of the day. 
It’s a fine walk. 

Speaking of food...


Leftover Quiche is better 
than the first night. 




Getting ready for camping. 
This is dryer lint. In a toilet paper tube. 
Light this up and you have instant kindling. 



This kind of thing keeps showing up. 
I guess that’s ok. 
Goodness knows I’ve 
typed her name enough 
To prompt every algorithm. 

Planning some big things.
While working on the little things. 
Like walking. And meditation. 
And keeping on plan with eating. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!