12 June 2019

mineral wells


I had an afternoon with no plans
So I got in Trekkie 
And took the hour and a half trip 
To Mineral Wells. 


I have driven an hour and a half 
just for a dressing change. 
So that’s no biggie. 


I truly love to drive
I put on some tunes 
And just go. 


Mineral Wells is a very small town
That was once a hot spot 
For Hollywood Hot Shots. 

They all want the Crazy Water. 



Getting some Jack Kruse
Sun. I need sunshine. 

I kept busy to distract myself
From Love Dove’s death. 

Then my nephews death. 

And now, to keep my mind busy
From the incomprehensible idea
Of a family preferring 
A nurse with gross incompetence 
- over me. 

Road trips are great ways to sit and think. 


I’ve never had a life plan. 
Like to buy a house in 3 years
Or graduate in 5 years 
With an advanced degree. 

I was always happy just doing my job. 

I don’t even have a plan for weight loss. 
I just kinda fell into that. 

So now. At age Nearly 60,
I start planning. 
But with a grain of salt. 



1 comment:

  1. I had a day off and I chose to not go to Love Dove’s grave. “She” is not there. And she wouldn’t want me moping around in grave yards - crying and carrying on.
    I keep her with me in my heart. So that’s enough. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!