16 March 2022

cardio


What kind of wacky stuff
Can I get myself into today? 

All the BitCoins in the world 
Don’t count if you’re too sick to spend them. 
Or too dead. 


I’ve been getting up at 5 am
To add a 30 minute walk 
To my morning routine. 


Zero Dark Thirty




It must be Spring. 
The blackbirds are back. 
They weren’t here yesterday. 
Nasty, noisy little things! 


I was ready to go at 2 am. 
And again at 4 am. 


Yesterday’s walking. 
I only did one lap around the store. 

Today I did 2 laps. 


But alas. I lost the edge I had this summer. 
I was walking and swimming most every day. 


Hearts are muscles -
And they respond quickly 
To any training. 


I hit the max that once and it set me back. 
Now that I’m a cardiac patient,
I can’t do that. 


January o worked 7 days a week. 
No time for training. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!