31 December 2013

anustart

A New Start!

To eat the carbs -

Or not to eat the carbs....

My love for Sweet Potatoes is epic.
But they do not love me back....
Rather - they do! They stick to me for weeks!

And then I think - Do I really want to go back there?
From a 2x to a medium?
To not being able to walk up a flight of steps - 
Or even tie my shoes? And the answer is always
"Nope! Never going back!"

So it is back (again and even, yes - again)
To INDUCTION!
Dr Robert Atkins would approve!

INDUCTION LIST FOODS (link)

 
 

 
Any meat, pork, fish, foul, or eggs...
Pretty much any form.
Easy on the Bacon and Processed Meats.

I hope your mouth is watering here!
My goal here to to show that LoCarb 
Is all about eating healthy food -
And lots of it!

Cheese - most kinds - 3 to 4 ounces a day

Salads are always a good bet -
Easy on the Dressing, though!
And no Croutons, of course.

  
Veggies - about half a cup per serving.
It is easy to list them all,
But in general, avoid starchy ones,
AND things with "sweet" in the name:
Sweet Peas, Sweet Potatoes - not so much.
Sweet Onions, Sweet Peppers - in moderation.

Fats and Oils - all kinds....
Broths - a wonderful addition!
Beverages - watch for carbs!
One packet of Splenda has one carb -
And that stuff likes to creep up on ya!

Watch out for things like 
 Sugar Free Gum (and other SF treats)
Sugar-Free is not always Zero Carb!

Thinking about it -
Looking better, feeling better - 
Cherub is looking a little Chunky these days!

Sooner or later it all comes down to this.
Regardless of the weigh loss plan you choose.
It only happens every. single. time!

So for the next few weeks, 
I will be posting all kinds of Induction Success Stories,
Low Carb Super Star Before and After Pics,
And General Tips and Tricks and Time Savers - 
All LoCarb style!

So it is back to school!
Who is with me?
Come on - it will be fun!

11 comments:

  1. Love you, love this post! This is what I have to remember..."Say this over and over to yourself until you've got it through your rebellious head: My tendency to overweight is one sign of a chronic metabolic disorder. My physiology doesn't handle certain kinds of foods, as slim physiolgies do. I mustn't try to compare my eating habits to those who have never had a weight problem. Not now. Not ever."

    Happy New Year and I will look forward to your delicious posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm locked and loaded and ready for tomorrow. Will be trying a couple of new recipes for the occasion. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Anus Tart"! LOL! I'm going back to LC as my staple, I always feel better when I do.

    Have a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so do you ONLY count carbs? or do you count calories also? or both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atkins focuses on counting carbs, not calories. You can count calories if you wish, but the emphasis is on counting carbs. That said, it also emphasizes not going crazy on things you know are going to be super high calorie. Eating low carb is great, but eating a ton of calories while you're eating low carb isn't going to be beneficial. Atkins wants you to be mindful of calories, but focus more on counting carbs.

      Delete
  5. I'm kicking my new year off with a back to basics jump start. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you thank you! I so need this nustart. Loving your sharing and photography and most of all your kind encouragement.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell me recommend a good resource for low carb? I have no idea how to begin this. But I am very interested and would like to try. As asked before do you count calories too? How do you know how many carbs you are allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in! I just found your blog and love it. I have been on a low carb diet for a while and have lost 22 lbs so far. 237 lbs down to 215,

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!