28 November 2022

eminem


I sure do love Eminem. 
The American rapper. 
I’ve loved him since first blush. 
I’ve blogged about him before. (Link)


Since 1999?  His music hits just right. 
He’s gifted. 


He also had weight issues. 
Drug issues. 


Look at him now. 


He raps about his recovery and sobriety. 
Cleaning out my closet. 
The Patron Saint of 
White lower middle class 
Kids everywhere. 
I’m glad he escaped poverty. 
But fame has its own monsters. 

My nephew and I loved Em 
Paul never got past his own angst. 
We used to drive around 
- For literally hours -
Listening to Eminem. 

In my life, 3 people (that I know of)
Killed themselves, and each of them
Called me immediately beforehand. 
But in each case I could not 
Get to them in time. 
None of them were my responsibility. 
 None of them were especially close. 
Paul, my nephew, (like a brother)
Hadn’t been around for months.  
Just called. No answer. No talk. 
Ring. Boom. Train. 
Ring. Boom. Rope. 
Ring. Boom. Shot. 

Three suicides. One murder. 
Why? Why? My god. Why?
Someone out there kept my number
And reached out. 4 times. 

I’m no Superman. 
(Quoting Slim Shady)
There are some things 
we just can’t control. 
And that’s just destiny. 


Never was. 












My place for the next 3 days. 
Nice, safe, warm place to crash. 

I’m still having one Monster
And one shake a day. 
I had a bite of a pizza cheese. 
Got sick as a dog. 
Tomato paste, bread, seed oils,
Heartburn and inflammation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!