28 November 2019

a great-full day


Yesterday’s drive to work. 


It’s raining today. 


In case you don’t know
This is what Hospice looks like. 

We have a hard back chair 
But I usually stand. 
Much of the shift. 


Usually 12 hour shifts
Quiet time at the bedside 
Of a dying person. 


The lights are often subdued. 
And it’s quiet. 
The TV is on but not loud enough to hear. 
Just as often, there’s no TV. 


No breaks - it’s just you. 
So I usually fast. 
Or drink a Protein Shake. 
And work on quiet things. 


So today I’m grateful for ...
The Interstellar Blends!
I think that Trinity came 
At just the right time. 

I’m grateful for Low Carb! 
I can’t imagine 10 years have gone by. 
My vision is getting better 
And I’m getting better. 

I’m grateful for Sleeping!
No wine made all the difference. 

I’m grateful for everyone 
Who stops by to check in 
And read here...
Thanks for being here! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I really enjoy your blog. You introduced me to IBs and after several weeks, bronchial / chest tightness that was concerning me had abated. Insomnia has improved too. Thank you for showing up here for us.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!