09 November 2023

tearful day


He feels funky. 
His hair lays flatter when he’s ok. 


Ahhh good times. 
My first hospital job. 
I actually worked at a hospital called 
“Dedman”. 
POV patient “Where am I? “
Nurse “It’s ok. You’re at Deadman!”
It was a smallish, community-based
Treasure of the neighborhood. 


2011. 
I was mad because I gained 
Like 12 pounds of muscle. 
Which skewed my weight goals. 
I was stupidly fixated on numbers 
In the beginning. 




Slept like crap. 
Constant headache 
For like months. 


Read Walt Whitman to my patient. 
But I was already thinking about 
The other Whitman! Lol
You can take the girl out of the FatSuit,
You can’t take the Fatty out of the Girl. 


A gift. AKA An experiment! 
30 carbs for the day- in one setting. 
I’ve been craving it. 
So I had some. 
Made the headache worse. 
We can’t drink our troubles away. 
Not even with hard stuff. Lol. 
At his is Chemical Stew.  


I was so upset yesterday. 
I couldn’t grapple with my anxiety. 
The HH’s car was repo’d
As expected. 
The conflict came when I witnessed 
A breech of trust- and subsequent lies. 
That hurt so bad. It wouldn’t stop crying. 
The tears just would not stop. 
On and off again for hours. 

First Rule of Nursing is you 
leave your troubles at home. 
Sick kids don’t want to hear 
your baby mama llama drama trauma. 



When America was under attack from within 
The family saw it on the news 
And said that it was nothing. 
It happens all the time. 
Yeah- but not here! 

I guess we see things though
 our own cultural lens. 
This hit me as hard as finding out 
Daddy is cheating on Mommy! 
And seeing it unfold. 

The mom said just let it go 
Because I don’t have a dog in the fight. 
But yet- I do. 
I would want to know if someone is 
Joyriding in my car,
 Or sleeping in my bed,
Or eating my food,
Or taking my cash. Etc. 

But I’ve also been the shady one
And never thought I owed 
an explanation to anyone. 
Secret and private 
Are two different things. 


I can’t get over how people will literally
Do anything they want 
Say anything that comes to mind
Take anything they like
Believe anything they hear
Fuck anything that moves
Spend money they don’t have
And lie to your face about it. 

I guess I just crawled out 
from under a rock - that I’m 
just now discovering this. 
“LOL”






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!