25 July 2023

oh my gosh

End of Summer days 


The Transport Van broke down 
And my Little Patient and I
Were stranded on the side of the road. 
In extreme heat. 


In fact, we Texans have 
A heat dome of our very own. 
I poured water on the kid’s face and head,
Called the dad, and waited for help. 
Only an hour. But still. 




Today was the patient’s birthday! 
And also Baby BamBam’s Birthday!


The first time I saw my future baby. 
He looked up at me 
With crusty little eye boogars
And said  “Are you my Mommy?”

To which I responded with a 
Resounding Yes! 
Yass-Yass- a thousand times Yass! 
Get over here, honey Bunny Love Bug!





Sitting on a cornflake 
Waiting for the van to come …
My life this week is like a waiting game. 
Jumping over hills and dales. 
I’m not even sure what a “dale” is. 
Fo we still have dales to go over? 
LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!