01 December 2022

a good place


Stolen from a Facebook friend. 
The mythology of winter. 
Alluring. But really - cold!  


They should make a Hallmark movie
About a woman who leaves the small town
And goes to the big city, whereby 
She makes a happy life
With no man, no fancy-pants job, 
And just a cat or dog. 


They have the Aging Hippie motif. 
They have the Aging Lesbian. 
How about an aging Single Nurse?
I’ll volunteer to take the part. 


Mom makes sure I get some 
Chicken Soup. 
Every time I eat, I sweat now. 













There was more but - chargers. 


Go to bed at 8 pm. 
You’ll be ready to get up at 4 am. 
But go back and get some bonus sleep. 
Trust me. It’s Devine. 


Already working 5 days a week. 
Cock-a-freaking-doodle-do!
Look what I did! 
I laid myself a Golden Egg. 
This is Day 13! 
Off tomorrow. 

December is already booked. 
Fine by me! 
The red is days off. 
I’m I’m lucky. 


It’s good to know I won’t be in 
Abject poverty when I retire. 
Which is in 10 short years. 
“LOL”

And I didn’t have to sell my soul
Or inherit my security. 
I’m rich in strength and health. 
Which is more than many people 
My age can say. 
Not like Elon Musk rich. 
But more like local weatherman rich. 
They always have a lovable, nerdy mix. 😍
I’m  healthy enough to do 14 doubles 
And still be productive on my feet. 
And not cranky. 


Ye Olde Bathroom Selfie 
I wish the pounds just flew off 
During times like this. They don’t. 


I’m sure I’m running on pure 
Cortisol and Adrenaline. 
I don’t go too fast. 
But I go pretty far. 
(Got a brand new key!
Remember that song?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!