02 January 2024

screw it


The dawn comes up
Like thunder 


15 mg caffeine. For the gum. 
Tea is like 45 mg
Cokes are like 75 mg
Monster is like 150 mg
Coffee is around 150 +
C4 energy drink come in at 300 mg. 


Good sleep. 
Until 3:45 when Housie 
Woke up looking for something
But really - looking to annoy me. 


I am so happy to say
I’ve been going to Al-Anon
For like a week now. 
This guy has 50 years in the program. 


They have online Zoom calls 
About one every hour or the day. 
On an app. Of all things. 
Pop in and out as you see fit. 

I never liked AA or CODA
Or Al-Anon etc because I 
Didn’t like the disease model
Of AA. But now I see it has value. 
Even if it’s not 100% perfect fit. 

I believe most adults
 in developed countries 
(First World Problems)
Are sub clinically malnourished 
Sub clinically dehydrated 
And sub clinically sleep-deprived. 
And all the horror that goes with 
That angry Triad. 

Is mental illness just a
Long-term vitamin deficiency?
Something genetic?
Is it a belief?
A behavior? 

I Once Upon A Time
studied for my LCDC
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor-
But they didn’t pay very much. 
So I stuck with Nursing. 

I also had a personal counselor 
For years for Sexual Child Abuse
From A therapist who specialized in 
REBT (Albert Ellis founder)
Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy. 
Which I often quote here. 




Be more like a cat
And take care of me. 
And less like a dog
And rescue everyone else. 


Nurse Ratched. 
I want MY cigarettes! 
I want MY cigarettes! 
I don’t want yours! 
I want MY cigarettes!
I want it my way. Or else. 


I found a new tool. 
Al-Anon has meetings 
Around the clock - 
On line. 
I’ve been doing 3 or 4 a day. 


How my kids see me. 

My face when I see the bullshit. 

My notes today. 
My problem is THINKING 
Not Drinking. 

You don’t go to the hardware store 
To get a gallon of milk.
Or a loaf of bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!